Basic grid usage
There are several pages that deal with the basic usage of the grid. A rather good introduction can be found via the DESY grid pages.
There aren't much things you need:
a user interface (UI) -- some software for your computer
a user certificate, which you need to obtain by your specific certification authority (CA)
Both are site specific, so please look at the right place to find out about where or how to obtain these.
The daily work is done then by
- initialising the user interface
- obtain a proxy certificate
- do the work via the specific grid commands (provided by the UI)
Site specifics: DESY
You can find everyhting at [http://grid.desy.de/certs/] about certificates.
If your desktop doesn't provide UI functionality, then
log on to e.g. pal.desy.de
- initialise the grid environment by invoking
- generate your proxy certificate by typing
voms-proxy-init -debug -voms ilc
- (optional) check whether everything worked:
voms-proxy-info -debug -all